Meet Ken – he likes water polo, sushi, and Game of Thrones. He’s very considerate and will brighten up your home with his elegant tusks and gracious manners. Unlike those unappreciative houseplants, Ken won’t even need you to water him. All he asks for is constant appreciation and introduction to any friend who visits your home. He’s a great conversationalist and his certificate from the Oxford School of Conversational Etiquette proves that!
Ken the Walrus is a sculpture made from a kit that you build for your home. He comes as pieces with glue and instructions so you can complete him.
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build him?
- Ken the Walrus comes with 35 pieces, ½ oz. glue and instructions.
How large is Ken?
- The finished sculpture is 28 in (71 cm) from top to bottom, 15 in (38 cm) from side to side, and 13 in (33 cm) from the wall to the furthest point on his nose.
How long does it take to build him?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 3 and 5 hours to complete him (especially if you want him to look as nice as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build Ken?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, he is a 4.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does he hang on the wall?
- Since Ken is paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind it should also work.
Do I need to paint him?
- Nope! Ken already comes in the kit as both colors you see in the pictures above.
Can a child build him?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. He requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete him!