Simon the Bull is a DIY paper sculpture that you bring to life using the materials included in your Resident papercraft kit.
Simon likes rock climbing, documentaries, and kale. He likes to stay ahead of the trends and when you aren’t home, he’ll be researching the best youtube videos to show you when you get back. He’s also a bit of a softy. Those horns and the nose ring are mostly for show though I wouldn’t recommend cuddling too closely with him.
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build him?
- Simon the Bull comes with 27 pieces, ½ oz. glue and instructions.
How large is Simon?
- The finished sculpture is 17 in (43 cm) from top to bottom, 20 in (51 cm) from side to side, and 13 in (33 cm) from the wall to the furthest point at the tip of his nose.
How long does it take to build him?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 4 and 6 hours to complete him (especially if you want him to look as nice as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build Simon?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, he is a 5.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does Simon hang on the wall?
- Since Simon is paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind it should also work.
Do I need to paint him?
- Nope! Simon comes as the colors you see above in the pictures.
Can a child build him?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. He requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete him!