Meet Jasper – he likes tattoos, cycling, and cold brew coffee. He’s super curious and that leads to him bragging a bit about all the interesting things he’s working on. While his enthusiasm is admirable, sometimes you might not want the 30 minute lecture on the best type of yeast to use in brewing a double IPA. Don’t worry though, he’ll always share with you the interesting things he makes and he’ll brighten your life with all sorts of info you never knew you’d need (or want) to know!
Jasper the Dragon is a sculpture made from a kit that you build for your home. He comes as pieces with glue and instructions so you can complete him. You can also buy him as a finished, fully assembled sculpture which includes free shipping in the US!
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build him?
- Jasper the Dragon comes with 40 pieces, ½ oz. glue and instructions.
How large is Jasper?
- The finished sculpture is 20 in (51 cm) from top to bottom, 15 in (38 cm) from side to side, and 20 in (51 cm) from the wall to the tip of his nose.
How long does it take to build him?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 5 and 7 hours to complete him (especially if you want him to look as good as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build Jasper?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, he is a 4.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does he hang on the wall?
- Since he’s paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind him should also work.
Do I need to paint him?
- Nope! Jasper already comes in the kit as both colors you see in the pictures above.
Can a child build him?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. He requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete him!