James the Owl is a DIY paper sculpture that you bring to life using the materials included in your Resident papercraft kit.
James likes black licorice, scavenger hunts, and riding his bike. Old School Cool doesn’t even begin to describe him. James is so suave and persuasive you’ll find yourself making him the focal point of your home. He will immediately class up any place he’s in. Don’t worry though - it’s not an act. He’s actually that interesting.
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build him?
- James the Owl comes with 42 pieces, ½ oz. glue and instructions.
How large is James?
- The finished sculpture is 24 in (61 cm) from top to bottom, 16 in (41 cm) from side to side, and 12 in (30 cm) from the wall to the furthest point of his belly.
How long does it take to build him?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 4 and 6 hours to complete him (especially if you want him to look as nice as the pictures!).
Can a child build him?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, he is a 6. James starts to get large (which makes him a little hard to deal with) and the base requires you to rotate him around a bit to get in the perfect spot to glue it on.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does James hang on the wall?
- Since he is paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind it should also work.
Do I need to paint him?
- Nope! James comes as the colors you see in the pictures above.
What is the typical age range?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. He requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete him!