Meet Tim – he likes yoga, manscaping, and smoothies. He’s a bit rude (he’ll show up right at your door) and will create a lot of demands on your time. But he’s a great friend. He’ll help calm you down, play relaxing music, and give you a great drink. Wait… that sounds like he might be trying to seduce you. Is he really that smooth? Guess you’ll have to find out.
Tim is a Faux Taxidermy DIY Paper Sculpture that you build yourself out of a kit. He comes as pieces with glue and instructions so you can complete him. You can also buy him as a finished, fully assembled sculpture which includes free shipping in the US!
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build him?
- Tim the Mammoth comes with 44 pieces, ½ oz. of glue and instructions.
How large is Tim?
- The finished sculpture is 29 in (74 cm) from top to bottom, 14 in (36 cm) from side to side, and 19 in (48 cm) from the wall to the furthest point on his tusks.
How long does it take to build him?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 6 and 8 hours to complete him (especially if you want him to look as nice as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build Tim?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, he is a 7. He’s a little complicated because he’s pretty large and attaching the tusks at the end takes a little patience to get right.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does he hang on the wall?
- Since Tim is paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail are going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hood with a command strip behind it should also work!
Do I need to paint him?
- Nope! Tim comes as the colors you see in the pictures above.
Can a child build him?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. He requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete him!