Meet Donna – she likes sequins, frozen yogurt, and tennis. She’s a graceful lady and attributes that all to her polka dots. I’m sure that’s not a scientifically rigorous claim but Donna is quite adamant it’s true. If you’re willing to venerate her each time you’re in her presence, she has tentatively agreed to grace your wall. You should know though – her wit is as quick as her charm so watch out for snappy comebacks. She will definitely be the center of attention at your next dinner party.
Donna the Turtle is a sculpture made from a kit that you build for your home. She comes as pieces with glue and instructions so you can complete her. You can also buy her as a finished, fully assembled sculpture which includes free shipping in the US!
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build her?
- Donna the Turtle comes with 38 pieces, ½ oz. of glue and instructions.
How large is Donna?
- The finished sculpture is 32 in (81 cm) from top to bottom, 26 in (66 cm) from side to side, and 6 in (15 cm) from the wall to the furthest point on her shell.
How long does it take to build her?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 4 and 6 hours to complete her (especially if you want her to look as nice as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build Donna?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, she is a 5. She isn’t super tricky – what makes her difficult is she just gets large with the shell.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does she hang on the wall?
- Since she’s paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind it should also work.
Do I need to paint her?
- Nope! Donna comes as the colors you see in the pictures above. The polka dots come as ½” stickers that you attach after you finish assembling her.
Can a child build her?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. She requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete her!