Vera the Unicorn is a DIY paper sculpture that you bring to life using the materials included in your Resident papercraft kit.
Vera likes wakeboarding, massages, and dark chocolate. She’s…. a bit of a diva. Would you be shocked to learn that Beyoncé is her spirit animal? She contends that she is worth all the love and admiration she’ll receive from you (notice how she just assumes you’ll love her - is she wrong?). She’s already been approached to do multiple reality shows but she thinks they are beneath her. If she joins your family, she’ll always make sure she’s extra shiny so she can show off to all of her fans who will be constantly visiting her. Yeah those friends you think are there to visit your home? Vera just assumes they are there for her.
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build her?
- Vera the unicorn comes with 37 pieces, ½ oz. glue and instructions.
How large is Vera?
- The finished sculpture is 23 in (58 cm) from top to bottom, 9 in (23 cm) from side to side, and 19 in (48 cm) from the wall to the furthest point of her nose.
How long does it take to build her?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 5 and 7 hours to complete her (especially if you want her to look as nice as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build Vera?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, she is a 3.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does she hang on the wall?
- Since Vera is paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind it should also work.
Do I need to paint her?
- Nope! Vera already comes in the kit as the colors you see in the pictures above.
Can a child build her?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. She requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete her!