Meet Gerard – he’s casually hiked Kilimanjaro. He’s had a beer with Vladimir Putin. Those commercials with the fictional “Most Interesting Man in the World”? They modeled that guy after Gerard because this beast is the real deal. He’ll negotiate a billion dollar deal with Japan before breakfast arrives. He’s always at the most exclusive events each night - which is not by chance. George Clooney wants to be Gerard’s friend. He consults with the top whiskey distilleries all around the world. The point is that Gerard must think you’re phenomenal if he wants to live in your home with you. Just know he might get more attention than you - even though it’s your abode.
Gerard is a Faux Taxidermy DIY Paper Sculpture that you build yourself out of a kit. He comes as pieces with glue and instructions so you can complete him.
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build him?
- Gerard the Wildebeest comes with 37 pieces, ½ oz. of glue and instructions.
How large is Gerard?
- The finished sculpture is 22 in (56 cm) from top to bottom, 20 in (51 cm) from side to side, and 21 in (53 cm) from the wall to the furthest point on his nose.
How long does it take to build him?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 5 and 7 hours to complete him (especially if you want him to look as nice as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build Gerard?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, he is a 6. He’s a little complicated because he’s pretty large and attaching the horns at the end takes a little patience to get right.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does he hang on the wall?
- Since Gerard is paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind it should also work!
Do I need to paint him?
- Nope! Gerard comes as the colors you see in the pictures above.
What is the typical age range?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. He requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete him!