Meet Louise – she likes boxing, gummy bears, and her backyard. She will rightfully tower over everyone in your home and that’s without even mentioning her long neck. She’s got some serious attitude and the ability to back it up (she’s a semi-pro boxer). How does a giraffe box? Make her angry and you’ll find out. Don’t worry too much though since Louise will be on your side in any fight and she’ll keep watch in your home better than any guard dog (except she won't really be able to attack....... because she's paper).
Louise the Giraffe is a papercraft DIY project that comes as a kit for you to assemble. She comes as pieces with glue and instructions so you can complete her.
DETAILS AND FAQ
What comes in the kit to build her?
- Louise comes with 41 pieces, ½ oz. glue and instructions.
How large is Louise?
- The finished sculpture is 24 in (61 cm) from top to bottom, 15 in (38 cm) from side to side, and 23 in (58 cm) from the wall to the furthest point of her nose.
How long does it take to build Louise?
- It depends on your skill level, but I estimate it will take between 3.5 and 5 hours to complete her (especially if you want her to look as nice as the pictures!).
How hard is it to build her?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, she is a 3. She looks tougher to build than she really is.
- 1 means you struggle to put together IKEA. 10 means you can build anything anyone puts in front of you.
How does she hang on the wall?
- Since she’s paper and hollow, the finished sculpture is super light. A push pin or small nail is going to be more than adequate! If you are worried about poking holes in your wall, a hook with a command strip behind it should also work.
Do I need to paint Louise?
- Nope! Louise comes as the colors you see in the pictures above.
Can a child build her?
- Possibly - I recommend around 10 as the lower age limit. She requires spatial ability and patience. Anyone with those skills should be able to complete her!